I thought it would be helpful to create a resource page, that you can always come to, for all your ecommerce business needs. I’ll continue to add more awesome tools to this list. So, make sure that you bookmark this resource page for your reference.
I have used these tools either myself or on my clients’ ecommerce websites.
My Most Recommended and Essentials for Running your eCommerce business.
Shopify: I use Shopify for creating an online store for each and every client of mine. Why? Because it’s easy to use & manage. Shopify provides excellent customer support and have dedicated gurus for your account available via email for any issues. Shopify has powerful features to help you if you just getting started or if you want to take your online store to the next level.
Aweber: I can’t stress enough the importance of building an email list for your eCommerce business. For this reason, I highly recommend using Aweber for building list and sending emails to your subscribers. It’s very easy to use and provide beautiful templates that can be customised according to your requirements.
Some of the apps that are quite useful:
- Shopify Power Tools: This app allows you to help your customer find products faster with filter menu and sorting options. In addition to these powerful functions, it also helps in automating certain tasks. Use Power Tools App to improve user experience (that’ll help you boost conversions).
- Yotpo Reviews: Adding reviews and ratings to your products provides social proof and encourages visitors to turn into customers.
- Langify: Want to add multiple language support on your Shopify store? Langify helps you to add multiple languages. So, if you are selling to international customers, this app is a must.
- Retail Tower: Get more exposure by publishing your products to popular shopping engines like Google, Bing, The Find etc.
Images & Photos
- Shutterstock - I have been using shutter stock to find images that are often required for creating banners for my clients’ eCommerce websites.
Email Subscriptions & Marketing
- Aweber: I highly recommend using Aweber for building list and sending emails to your subscribers. It’s very easy to use and provide beautiful templates that can be customised according to your requirements.
Advertising your brand
- Google Adwords: If you want to Start advertising on Google search and shopping, you can do it by setting up your Google adwords account. You’ll have to pay each time someone clicks on your ad.
- Facebook Ads: With Facebook’s massive customer base, you can target people based on their interests, age, location. You’ll be charged either for per thousand impressions of your ad or ad clicks. Perfect for brand awareness.
Getting Data and Insights
- Google Analytics: Google’s free website tracking and analytical tool. This is a must have for eCommerce websites for tracking goals and sales.
- SumAll: Get reports for the most important data directly to your inbox. Similar to Google Analytics, except it’s deeply integrated with Shopify to provide data like top-selling products, units sold etc.
Logo Design for your store
- 99Designs: If you need a logo design, look no further than 99Designs. It’s a contest format marketplace where once you submit the description of the logo design you want, designers will compete against each other by submitting logo designs to win money.
- Elance: Another way to hire freelancers who are expert at logo design.
Search Engine Optimization
- Moz: Track and improve your SEO, link building and content marketing efforts with Moz.
A/B Testing your pages
- Visual Website Optimizer: If you are looking to A/B test a headline, prices or anything on your eCommerce website, it is the easiest way to do it. Visual Website Optimizer also provides useful features like heat maps, geo targeting etc.
Live Chat Tool
- Olark: Olark provides a live chat solution to talk directly to your customers when they are browsing your online store. It’s also available as a Shopify app - https://apps.shopify.com/olark-live-chat-cartsaver
Social Media Marketing
- Viralsweep: A great tool for running sweepstakes to help you grow your email list, increase social engagement and create awareness about your brand.
- Curebit Referral System: Get your customers to share offers with their friends to increase reach and get new customers. Also available as a Shopify app - https://apps.shopify.com/curebit-referral-system
- Refersion: Let people sell your products in exchange for a percentage of the sale they help generate Add, modify and approve affiliates with only a few clicks. It provides you with complete control and ownership over your affiliates.